Apply for our SPRINGBOARD! and Over the Rainbow scholarships by following the directions below.
A fund by Women for Women
MISSION: Impacting lives of women in southern New Mexico by providing educational opportunities through scholarships.
SPRINGBOARD! was created in 2004 as a fund within the Community Foundation of Southern New Mexico, by women who believed in the power of education and its ability to enhance the quality of life for families in southern New Mexico.
In its first dozen years, SPRINGBOARD! provided assistance to more than 100 women in southern New Mexico, through “SPRINGBOARD!” and “Over the Rainbow” scholarships. Fields of students include nursing, criminal justice, radiology technology, computer science, dental hygiene, sonography, education and business management/accounting.
- Raise funds and increase the number of need-based scholarships and grants awarded to women for community college education and vocational training.
- Provide financial support for GED applicants.
- Build an endowment that will support initiatives for women for generations to come.
- Build networks of women in leadership dedicated to making a difference for women in southern New Mexico.
98% of every gift is divided between annual scholarships and the SPRINGBOARD! endowment.
SPRINGBOARD! committee members are all volunteers.
WAYS YOU CAN HELP
- Support the SPRINGBOARD! endowment fund.
- Establish an endowment in honor of a loved one.
- Fund a scholarship through SPRINGBOARD!
Through the Community Foundation of Southern New Mexico, the SPRINGBOARD! committee can help administer individual scholarships that share their mission. One such scholarship is “Over the Rainbow” which provides financial aid to women who are non-traditional students pursuing degrees at New Mexico State University or Doña Ana Community College.